Sports Book House Rules - Page 2 - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Other Topics > Sports Book and Prop Bet Parlour

Old 12-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Ruthless Bookie

Chips: 598,037,449,146
Shadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: Sports Book House Rules

Of course it is. You expect anything different?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Ruthless Bookie

Shadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimps

updated the OP.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:58 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 8,387,863
huge1s has much to be proud ofhuge1s has much to be proud ofhuge1s has much to be proud ofhuge1s has much to be proud ofhuge1s has much to be proud ofhuge1s has much to be proud ofhuge1s has much to be proud of

Quote:
The first PMC member to point out publicly, by posting in the affected thread, of an apparent typographical error will receive a 'thank you' stipend from the bookie for pointing out the error.
Does this count for the rules too? if so...
Quote:
(since changing point spreads will change previously places bets in vBookie)
should be
Quote:
(since changing point spreads will change previously placed bets in vBookie)
Thanks you stipend....here you come!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Ruthless Bookie

Quote:
Grammar, spelling, and typo Nazi's will be shot on sight.
You must've missed this one in the fine print.

OK. 1 chip sent. Enjoy!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:09 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 8,387,863
huge1s has much to be proud ofhuge1s has much to be proud ofhuge1s has much to be proud ofhuge1s has much to be proud ofhuge1s has much to be proud ofhuge1s has much to be proud ofhuge1s has much to be proud of

I must have missed that one. now....what am i gonna do with that chip....hmmmmmm
Old 11-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,284,122
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
  • Typographical errors: Typos will NOT be honored. Obvious errors in spreads (such as the +/- lines being reversed or not the same on each side of the bet) will be corrected upon discovery. Bets placed on the OBVIOUS typos will be deemed as being place on the CORRECT spreads.
  • The bookie reserves the right to close ANY bet at ANY time for ANY reason, WITHOUT QUESTION.
[list]
I just want to refresh everyone's memory on the house rules for the Bookie.
If you read and understand the rules, there should be no reason to get pissed when you load your nut on a lock that gets abandoned.

Any questions?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Ruthless Bookie

Note the following house rule, as listed above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by House Rules
Errors in settlement: Occasionally, the bookie will settle the wrong side of a bet (after all, he is human). In such a case, a moderator will take manual action to correct action by removing the chips from the losing bettor's bank and paying off the winning bettors. vBookie does not allow the bookie to reverse or otherwise alter the outcome of an already-settled bet. Please note, bets placed anonymously cannot be seen by ANYONE and as such, cannot be corrected when an error is made.
This means that ANY and ALL bets placed anonymously WILL NOT be paid out manually, period. If you place a bet anonymously, you run the risk of error. Errors include settling the wrong side of a bet, missing a winning option, and errors in lines that need to be settled manually. ONLY bets placed publicly will be paid out manually.

Place bets anonymously at your own risk.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 3,178
zz-kai- is a glorious beacon of lightzz-kai- is a glorious beacon of lightzz-kai- is a glorious beacon of lightzz-kai- is a glorious beacon of light

In that event Shadow, where does the anonymous bet chips go? Do they get them back? Do they go to the bank? Do they just go to space?
"Congrats ya f&%$*@# cheeseheads, I suppose I should hope you win, maybe it will make you forget you live in f&%$*@# Wisconsin. Heh." Joe Bass, 1/23/11, upon the Packers win over da Bears in the NFC Championship.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:33 AM
"E" Cup Heavy Hangers

Chips: 62,478
dermaestro has much to be proud ofdermaestro has much to be proud ofdermaestro has much to be proud ofdermaestro has much to be proud ofdermaestro has much to be proud ofdermaestro has much to be proud ofdermaestro has much to be proud of

I imagine they go to the bank. Only abandoned bets get returned to all bettors, anonymous or not.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Ruthless Bookie

They end up in the bank. It is a complete risk. As stated before NO ONE can see anonymous bets. There is NO WAY to refund them, otherwise, I'd pay them out and it wouldn't be an issue. Currently, the only way to verify an anonymous bet is for the bettor to post screen shots. I am not going to go through the headaches of trying to track the amounts bet and who bet anonymously to correct a mistake. The simple answer is don't bet anonymously and you'll get paid for your winning bets every time. Bet anonymously and you assume the risk of error.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to avoid paying out the bets. I don't profit in any way (other than saving myself some time) from not paying them out. If I make a mistake, I fix it. And lord knows I/we make mistakes from time to time settling bets. But settling anonymous bets manually is just another layer of TPS reports I don't want to deal with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Other Topics > Sports Book and Prop Bet Parlour