Sim Racing Rig *Work in Progress* - Page 2 - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Perfect Man Cave > Other Projects Indoors or Out

Old 03-24-2015, 01:20 PM
"B" Cup

Chips: 7,583,157,817
Iceman is a glorious beacon of lightIceman is a glorious beacon of lightIceman is a glorious beacon of lightIceman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sim Racing Rig *Work in Progress*

Looks awesome!
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 10,251,912,366
pauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimps

This is awesome.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:08 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 8,186,316,742
tele_pathic is a splendid one to beholdtele_pathic is a splendid one to beholdtele_pathic is a splendid one to beholdtele_pathic is a splendid one to beholdtele_pathic is a splendid one to beholdtele_pathic is a splendid one to behold

Why's it pointed toward a blank wall? Doesn't seem very exciting!

Nice build, though. I didn't even know this was a thing.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:53 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 296,476,524
Richard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud of

You're supposed to imagine the track, of course.

Spoiler:
Old 03-25-2015, 10:06 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 285,707,611
Slev is a glorious beacon of lightSlev is a glorious beacon of lightSlev is a glorious beacon of light

sweet build...well done!
Old 03-30-2015, 10:46 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Richard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud of

Did some more work on the rig. I wired the shifter and pedals into the wheel and added some mounting screws into the wheel to make it more stable to the wheel deck.

My online order of more Simpson strong ties came today. So I attached them to the rig for the monitor shelf area and attached the shelf permanently.

I ordered the video card today too, so I should have that this week. I can't afford to go buy all three monitors right now, that's going to have to wait so for the time being I'm going to use my old 32" tv.

Need to wire up some power to this corner. There's an outlet in the unfinished area of the basement right on the other side of the wall. I am going to simply turn it around and I'll have power here. Then add the new video card to my PC and its time to race.

Spoiler:
Old 03-31-2015, 07:09 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 1,854,908,029,844
j p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimps

Nice work!

Two things....check out cl for moniters or some of the online discount/refurb sites

Also you gonna put it on a base or a stand? It would make ingress and egress infinitely easier for the gamer
Old 03-31-2015, 07:32 AM
Ruthless Bookie

Chips: 598,037,449,120
Shadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by j p frog View Post
Also you gonna put it on a base or a stand? It would make ingress and egress infinitely easier for the gamer
RC would need a ladder to use it then....
Old 03-31-2015, 01:12 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 1,854,908,029,844
j p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
RC would need a ladder to use it then....
Ba dum dum!
Old 04-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Been racing a bit... they've actually got my regular driver in one of the driving games I have, although badged as a honda not an acura. Kind of fun to drive it in game.

Here's my son and his cousins playing Daytona USA on Easter

Triple screens have to wait... I'd love to spring for them but I need to actually spend some money on fixing up the house. And my dad's computer died and I had to buy him a new one. OUCH.

Spoiler:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Perfect Man Cave > Other Projects Indoors or Out