Next Project: a deck? - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Perfect Man Cave > Design, Plan and Build the Perfect Man Cave

Old 11-12-2019, 11:36 AM
"D" Cup

Chips: 1,068,067
big0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of light
Default Next Project: a deck?

So I need to start building shit. In the past I'd think about working on something and the thought of fighting with that old table saw immediately put the kabash on any thought of working with wood. Now with the new saw that I haven't even put together I'm wanting to do something.

I need a new set of cornhole boards. Easy. Been there done that and already working on plans for a new design.

I also need a new topper for my poker table. The existing one shows some of the edge banding peeling off thanks to the excellent quality, straightness, and flatness of Home Depot plywood. This one will be trickier as I plan on edge gluing a ton of boards together to form the top that will match the newly purchased chairs and bench, then making a skirt for it. Still fairly easy even though my edge gluing skills are poor to mediocre at best. Luckily, the bench has a rough look to it so it doesn't have to be perfect. I'd rather have to make it LOOK it imperfect after assembly than have to turn an enormous amount of imperfection into an acceptable amount.

But, the wife was just bitching about wanting a patio and I'm thinking building a wooden deck would be a whole lot cheaper than making a paver deck that would match the existing pavers we have surrounding the grassy area. It would be easier as well since I don't know if I have the patience for all that leveling and sand.

There's no shortage of tutorials on the 'Tubes and the only difference in mine would be my deck would NOT be raised. I'll have to do a bit more digging to get the appropriate sized lumber under and level but seems easier than doing it with pavers.

Curious if anyone has a favorite tutorials or maybe some helpful hints?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2019, 05:50 PM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,284,243
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: Next Project: a deck?

Search the Essential Craftsman's channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzr...TmuFUS8IfXtXmg
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Perfect Man Cave > Design, Plan and Build the Perfect Man Cave