Cave Ideas - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Perfect Man Cave > Design, Plan and Build the Perfect Man Cave

Old 05-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Training Bra

Chips: 25,839
Stifler has a spectacular aura about
Default Cave Ideas

Well I am only 14, but have always loved working with my hands whether it be installing wood floors or laying brick. I have a good amount of tools and the like, and need a place to put them. I got my dad to let me have some of the garage, although the space is relatively small as it is only 9ft x 20ft, and with the car out of the garage the space is 20ft x 20ft.

As my father has never been one to do yard work or work with tools, I am the one tasked with doing things. Because of this, I need a space to do it all, and the garage obviously fits the bill. However, I also want to make it a space where I can just sit and hang out with friends of mine. As I live in AZ where no one has basements, the garage could be a good spot.

The only real requirements are that I have room to store a drill, a dremel, a soldering iron, 2 toolboxes,as well as a shoebox full of random bits and pieces. Also, as the guys in my family are all military except for my father, I would like to put up the Marine Corps flag above the workstation. I already have the flag, some wooden shelves with a decent workspace on top, and some old chairs. I would just like some help planning out what to do with this area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Badministrator

Chips: 24,991,884,710,776
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps
Send a message via AIM to Quads Send a message via MSN to Quads
Default Re: Cave Ideas

So how about a long work bench that runs the length of the garage for tools and such, with an area (perhaps up towards the corner) where you can set up a little lounge area. Couple chairs, TV, fridge, stereo, etc.
Throw a small gaming table in there, and you're good to go.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 82,586,498
j p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimps

make a workbench that folds up into the wall with the tools stored inside it. Then the bench is out of the way and not taking up much room of your mancave space. Then maybe suspend a ping pong table from the rafters to lower down when you and the boys want to play. Flatscreen on the wall with dvd player and some chairs and you are set.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Training Bra

Chips: 25,839
Stifler has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the help, guys. I really like the idea of the folding workbench. Do they have any on the market? If not, I have a new project . And I've got an old TV and DVD player, could easily set that up. Now I just need to get all the damned boxes into storage to have the space.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Badministrator

Chips: 24,991,884,710,776
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps
Send a message via AIM to Quads Send a message via MSN to Quads

Don't know if they sell them like you'd want. I'm sure they do for the right amount of money. But do you want to pay thru the nose on something you can built to suit yourself?
I'd probably build something like this:
http://www.buildeazy.com/newplans/wall_bench.html
or
http://www.rd.com/18265/article18265.html
or this guy who did something kind of what I was thinking when you said folding which was hinging it to the wall in some manner or another:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Folding-Workbench/
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Perfect Man Cave > Design, Plan and Build the Perfect Man Cave